Getting started for code sprint with Ingres!

Tomorrow is the start of the code sprint for my project course, where all the students that are enrolled in UCOSP from universities across North America are invited to meet face to face to get things started, and know each other. As preparation for the great event, I have installed Ingres 10.0 build 107 on my 32bit machine that has Windows XP home edition on.

I once have encountered the problem "Invalid Ingres Username. Please check username, for invalid ingres characters". If you also have this problem, check if the user name of the Windows XP account that you are current log in has any space in it. If there is a space, renaming the user name into one that doesn't have space does not work. I solved it by creating another account that does not have a space and it works well.

Posted byA nerdy girl at 3:50 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment