UCOSP code sprint: day 1

We started off 9am in the morning, with a demo by Andrew Ross about Ingres and valuable advices for our later career. After the lunch, our task for today is to get Apache, PHP, and configured them to work with each other, as well as to get Drupal installed.

I already have the first three on my machine from a all in one package that I have for quite a while: XAMPP. I went smooth myself for the installation back then, but there are various problems encountered by my teammates.

On top of the issue that I had with installation of Ingres. I found that the usability of installation process also has room to be improved for newbies. I would prefer myself not to spend 3 straight days at the code sprint to get every plugin and features into their own place, but use my time more usefully with everyone else. Nevertheless, I had a good time with them!

Posted byA nerdy girl at 6:43 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment